About Me

My photo
N Y C and Nashville, United States
Hippie, Gypzy, Biker Chixie. Yep, that's me. www.bikerlady.com and www.chromecowgirl.com - my websites and I welcome your comments in this blog called Down the Road a Peace. Because, after all "do you wanna a peace of me?" : ) I'd love to hear your thoughts, so share them here. Personalize the topic and make it your own by sharing your own experience relative to the topic at hand, or let's create a new topic. U R Loved by Me.

2005/04/25

God's gentle reminders.

God will gently remind His little ones that he is near. God loves us so very much; our ratter tattered selves, so fragile. So whimsical. So serious at the same time.

This weekend I experienced a most blessed event. In fact, I thought I was dreaming the whole time. I was flown into Los Angeles by a dear friend and I stayed at a very fancy hotel on Sunset Blvd. Now, folks, here I am scrounging around to keep myself alive working night shifts and then days on my projects, toiling away to make my dreams come true, and then in another second, there I am lounging at this pool surrounded by people wearing diamonds and several thousands of dollars worth of fancy skimpy clothes. Meanwhile, I'm happily sipping a glass of white wine with a tore up cowgirl hat, holey jeans and a tank top that says Rhinegold Beer.

I had a meeting with regarding a new magnificent project which I can't say much about here, but it was really great...a loving team and talented as could be. Girl power.

The person that flew me in to spend time with me and help me to meet with these project folks is a person that is most definately a soulmate to me. Someone who I treasure and adore so much I almost can't take a deep enough breath when I'm around him.

Oh, if you read my book, you know him. My how he's changed over the last decade. The Lord works miracles and it was a miracle to witness the adoration that this person has for me. He's truly concerned about my wellbeing.

And this was God's gentle reminder for me this weekend. That HE works as HE wishes. He will work miracles as HE feels it is according to HIS plan. I've decided to take a big step back from the relentless pursuit of all things music right now. I've put it all out there, as best as I could. I am now praying that the loving truthful team of folks now will step forward to the plate, as they have already, and then carry the project in a team leadership role. I pray this will happen, if it's according to HIS plan. Indeed.

God has gently reminded me tonight, as I sit at my overnight job here in Times Square, that HE is not far away. That HE is right here with me, holding my heart, my dreams, my incredible efforts are valued.

Last week I worked four days straight on ten hours sleep. Then ended up in a luxury hotel, unexpectedly. I slept curled up on a mattress 'neath a beautiful tree, right next to that fancy pool. My hat flopped over my boots that were stacked next to the mattress. The fancy folks surrounded me in their fanciness and all stared wondering who this ratter tatter chick is? I just was hoping that no one saw the drool pouring out of my mouth while I napped in such luxury.

God's gentle reminder to me was that all things are possible with HIM. Even the most unexpected. And dreams do come true. I still haven't finished pinching myself from what happened this weekend, Thursday to Sunday, after that intense week of no sleep and burning that candle at both ends.

No comments: